Thursday, February 7, 2013

Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

So, I'm Emily.  I'm 22 (23 in April!) and I live in this beautiful city:

via
If you guessed Charleston, SC, you would be correct.  It's where I was born and raised and I grow to love it more and more as I get older.  It's really a beautiful city and if you haven't had the chance to visit yet, GET ON IT!!  And let's go thrift store hunting together, pretty please?!

Me at a college football game at my school.  GO GAMECOCKS!!

I'm currently going to school for Dental Hygiene, and I couldn't be more excited.  Why yes, I want to put my hands in dirty mouths for a living, what's so wrong with that?  But no, I've been in college since 2008 and changed my major 5 times now, so I'm definitely a professional when it comes to schoolin'.  I think I've finally found where I'm meant to be and I can't wait to graduate and have a big girl job.  Brush those teefies!!


I live with my amazeballs boyfriend, Dillon, and we've been together since May of 2012.  He's definitely my best friend, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.  He's the most hilarious guy on the planet (Mr. Personality in high school!) and he always knows how to make me smile and feel special.  What more could I freakin' want, right?!  I love him to pieces.  Plus, we're cute :D

I became really (as in spent the majority of my time) interested in the whole blog community in August of 2012, and that's where I picked up my love of Home Decor/DIY.  I had a blog before this that I tried to dedicate to that specific subject, but I deleted it and decided to start fresh because I felt like that blog didn't portray who I really was.  I felt like I was reading all of my favorite blogs and trying to conform myself to what they were posting and the way they were writing, and it no longer was fun for me.  So, here I am.. round two!

My current obsessions (and what you'll probably find most on this blog) are home decor/DIY, and recently, make-up!!  You see, I tend to go really hard on a particular subject for a few months and find out anything and everything I can about it, and then get bored and move onto the next subject.  So, I didn't want a blog that pertained to one specific thing.  I'm writing this blog because it's fun for me, I love to share my ideas/thoughts/projects etc., and I would also one day hope to make a few "virtual" blog friends and become part of the awesome community that is out there!

Now on to the good stuff (albeit, random):

I'm an expert on sarcasm/bitchery (totally made that a word.)  I can't help it, it was the way I was raised.  I have a huge heart and would spend all of my time volunteering if that could pay the bills.  I actually like to think I'm intelligent, believe it or not.  (PS, I got a 96 on my psychology test this morning!! Woohoo!!)  I have the smallest family on the planet.  I don't know how to swim.  I wouldn't care if I never saw snow again for the rest of my life.  I'm a freakin' coffee addict (Keurig is my shit.)  I've recently become a morning person.  I want to travel to as many places as I can in my life.  I want two or three children.  I would really love to buy a piece of shit and make it my dream home.  Oh yeah, I curse like a sailor so if you don't like that, you might want to go somewhere else (said in the nicest way possible.) :)

That's enough for now or I'll end up writing a novel about myself.  You'll learn more as we go along, and hopefully as this blog grows and progresses.  Can't wait to see where all of this takes me.

Until next time,
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment