Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shopping Trip: HomeGoods

I ventured off to HomeGoods this morning to see if I could find anything good for my bedroom, but also got some great inspiration, too.  I don't get to go there much due to how far away it is, so I always love to see what new things they have.  I didn't buy anything home decor wise, but I did score my Juicy perfume for $30 and a cute animal print shirt :D  I totally didn't need either one of those things but I couldn't resist.  Can't travel all that way and not buy anything, right?!

Here's what I found that I loved:

I know some people might be WAY over tufted furniture, but I'm still in love with it.  I would love this reupholstered in a fun pattern.  I didn't care for the feel of the material on there now, but it was a comfy chair!



I'm not sure how I feel about the shape of this one (or the material) but I still thought it was interesting and fun.

I wasn't a fan of these when I first started seeing them float around the blogosphere, but they've grown on me and I love the vintage vibe they have going on.  HomeGoods had them in a bunch of different colors and patterns.

They also had little miniature sized ones that I thought were super cute for $16.99, I believe.  I might turn around and go get one later this week.


I'm on the hunt for a lamp to go in my room and I liked the base of this one.  HomeGoods has a SLEW of lamps, so if I don't find one at a thrift store or get a good deal on one, I will probably go back and get one from here.  If I was willing to shell out $49.99 for it, I would have gotten it but I'm going to look around a little bit more.

This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they had quite a few of this fun little tables in different color ways and patterns.  I think I like it, possibly even love it.  I think it would be awesome in a girl's room.


I'm looking for a new end table as well, that is a little more on the "leggier" side, so to speak.  I liked this one (obvi I would paint it a better color) but I didn't like the little tray like part at the bottom.  But it's the best I've found yet.

I loooove this blanket.  I'm leaning towards getting white bedding, so I want a throw with some color to put at the end of the bed.  I was really leaning towards getting this, but it's more of a royal blue than navy.  It was soooo soft though, and only $12.99.  Damn, I'm regretting not getting it now.  I haven't seen one like this at any of the other Marshall's, TJMaxx, Ross, etc.

I think I'm going to put a set of 4 prints or so as the focal point over my bed, and I really liked these.  I always find so many great art pieces at HomeGoods, but the prices are never right to me.  These were $39.99, I believe.  I feel like I could DIY these myself somehow.  You can't really tell from the picture but the navy background is an old vintage-y looking map.  Sweet.

I've been swamped this weekend, so I didn't get much time to work on my room for a before picture.  I've got a paper and a midterm due Tuesday, so as soon as I knock those out of the way, I'll get around to taking some pictures in there.  I did however order these swatches below from this etsy seller, and I'll report back on what I think when they arrive!
Coral Throw Pillows Decorative Coral Pillow Covers, Accent Pillows 18 x 18 Inches Coral Collection Mix and Match
I'm going to be a little random in here and throw a selfie in that I took this morning.  I bought a bunch of makeup and was feeling pretty, but I'm the least photogenic person on the planet.  And I have a lazy eye.  Awesome.
I don't even like this picture, but it was the best one of the ones I took.  Long hair, don't care.  And I love those earrings!!

Pray for me that I don't gauge my eyes out trying to write this paper.  I absolutely despise papers, and I always wait until the last freakin' minute to do them.  OH the joys of being a dental hygiene student.

Happy Sunday!

Until next time,
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment