Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Whew!  I'm crazy busy with school right now (damn professors are stuffing every test/paper/quiz/project they can in before spring break) and I just worked 10 hours yesterday.  Let's just say I'm going to need a major break after this or I'll be coming to an insane asylum near you.  Kidding :D  But I'm exhausted.

But!  On to our Valentine's Day.  Time for me to be sappy for a moment - Dillon is the absolute sweetest guy in the world.  He has such a kind heart and he would do absolutely anything for the people he loves.  I'm so so appreciative of everything he does for me and I could never in a million years ask for a better man to have by my side than him.  I love you babe!

Due to my life being dominated by school, I woke up at a lovely 8:00 am on Thursday morning and got surprised with this:

The note says "Good morning beautiful! Happy V-day! I love you... love, Dillon :)"
Freakin' tools!!!  Are you kidding me?!  I mean, what girl wouldn't want tools for Valentine's Day - let's be serious.  Goes to show that Dillon knows me oh so well because I can tell you none of my previous boyfriends would have ever known that I would absolutely LOVE that.  I was so freakin' giddy with excitement, I jumped up and down and clapped my hands like a little kid in a candy store.  And a toolbox to put them all in.  I just peed my pants all over again.  :D

And the sweet as can be note left on top left me with a smile on my face for a good 3 hours after that.  Love that man.

He also got me this cute little guy (or girl?  Haven't decided yet):

You can see my attempts at studying the bones of the skull in the background!

My obsession with owls is like no other.  I have another white glittery (subtle) smaller owl and now I'm adding this to my collection.  I also have more than enough owl jewelry than anyone should ever admit to.  I'm not ashamed.  I'm definitely swirling ideas around in my head of painting him a glossy coral color to go in my bedroom.  Stay tuned for that outcome.

And of course, what's V-day without flowers?  Fortunately, my boyfriend knows me well enough NOT to get me traditional red roses.  He did get me roses, but they are a beautiful beautiful color and when the sun hits them a certain way like in the following picture, they are even more gorgeous.  They currently reside as a centerpiece on our kitchen table and they make me smile every time I see them.  Going to try and keep them alive for as long as possible.  And then I''m giving that vase a new life.. er, color.




Last but not least, to top it off, we had lunch at a little place called Perfectly Franks.  It actually appeared on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives on the Food Network (here's a Youtube video if you're interested.)  Oh, yeah.. it's that good.  It's a little diner that makes the best hotdogs on the planet.  They have the most crazy toppings on the hotdog, though.  Like mac and cheese.  Or wrapped in bacon and topped with lettuce and tomato.  And you most def have a 90% chance of getting a heart attack after eating but, OMG, it's so worth it.  I don't regret it a bit.  Dillon actually remembered how much I wanted to eat here after I saw it on the Food Network.  He told me he was taking us to lunch but didn't tell me where and we ended up here.  No, not a romantic, traditional valentine's outing, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Terrible quality, I apologize.
Quirky and colorful inside.

Why, yes, that is shrimp and feta cheese on hotdogs. via
 Overall, it was the perfect day with mah man (minus the school and studying part.)  I hope everyone else had just as perfect of a day.  I'm feeling all lovey dovey again just writing this. :-*

Anywho, I'm going to go try and relax a little bit.  I've got a huge anatomy test on Monday that I will be spending all day today studying for.  Who wants to trade lives with me?!

Until next time,
-Em

The finale of Downton Abbey comes on tonight.  I'm dying a little inside just thinking about it being over :(

No comments:

Post a Comment