Friday, February 8, 2013

Zero Water

Happy Friday y'all!!

Water is something my boyfriend and I both try and drink plenty of.  I go absolutely nuts if we don't have any water in the house.  We used to buy cases of water but we went through it so fast, that we figured it was time to buy us a water filter so we could drink water out of the sink.  I think tap water tastes like shit.  I absolutely hate it.  So, one day my amazing boyfriend went grocery shopping and came home with this:


Hallelujah!  It's made by a company called ZeroWater, and I am fascinated with this little bugger (hence the reason I'm writing a whole blog post on a water pitcher.  Strange, I know.)  Dillon said it was about $30 and it also came with a little tester that we can use to test our tap water (we also tested our bottled water, as well.) 


Many people don't think of all the chemicals and harmful things that can be in our water.  This little gadget is called a TDS tester, and TDS stands for total dissolved solids.  It measures the combined total of all organic and inorganic nastiness in water.  It turns out that our tap water actually tested with a 42, and South Carolina is only one of 3 states that is below a 100 (see map below.)  Our tap water is actually really really freakin' good compared to other areas.  I still think it tastes like shit, but I'm happy to know that it isn't extremely harmful.

 
As you can see, the majority of our country has water that is highly highly contaminated with TDS.  Dillon and I actually tested our bottled water too, and it came back with a TDS of 52.  This is great, but not perfect.  After we poured our water in the pitcher and let it run through (the first time takes fo-evvvvvvvah) we tested the water and it came back with a TDS of 1.  That's about as clean and perfect as water can get, y'all!!

I'm so in love with it due to the fact that it cuts wayy back on our purchase of plastic bottled water, and we are drinking super squeaky clean water that is a lot healthier for our bodies.  It kind of is a pain to fill it up so often, since we go through water like there's no tomorrow, but if you don't have a water filter, I HIGHLY recommend it.  It's so much healthier for you!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program :)

Until next time,
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment